Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Cupcakes and Televison


          When you hear the words Cupcakes and Television you normally don’t put the two words together. Lately cupcakes have been making appearances on the tube.
           On TLC there is a show called  DC Cupcakes. The show follows two sisters who own a cupcake store in Washington, D.C. called Georgetown Cupcake. There stores have had amazing success and are now located in Bethesda, MD, New York, NY, Boston, Ma, Los Angeles, CA, and in spring 2013 one will be opening in Buckhead Atlanta. Since the show the sisters have written two books: The Cupcake Diaries and Sweet Celebrations. I have watched this show before and enjoyed their bubbly personalities, accidents in the kitchen, and their little arguments. Have you ever watched this show? Would you watch it?

DC Cupcakes by hdcolorist

On the Food Network there is a competition show called Cupcake Wars. In the show four top cupcake bakers face off in three challenges. One contestant is kicked off in each challenge. They are baking against each other to win $10,000 and to show off their cupcakes at a well known gig. The judges of the show are Candace Nelson, Florian Bellanger, and a new judge is on each week. Things can get really heated in the baking room as the time on the clock ticks down. I have watched this show a couple times and found it to be very entertaining. It’s a show where you don’t have to follow along each episode to understand what is going on. Does this show sound good to you? Would you think it would be fun to be on it?

5 comments:

Lori A. said...

Sarah Jane, I love your topic! After all, who doesn’t like cup cakes? I admit that I love to watch Cup Cake Wars on the Food Network. It’s hard to imagine that this makes for interesting TV viewing but it is really exciting! As you mentioned in your blog, cup cakes are showing up everywhere. I’ve been to several events recently, including weddings, where there have been cup cake stations. Not only are they very artistic – very pleasing to look at - they are delicious! Your blog is very interesting, informative and very creative! I’m looking forward to returning soon to read (and learn) more! Mrs. A.

Unknown said...

Sarah Jane, Your topic makes me hungry reading about it. I love cupcakes and I find your recipes exciting and interesting. If I am brave enough, someday I will try to make some of the cupcakes listed on your yummy blog. My dad and I love the Food Network and enjoy watching Cupcake Wars, although we get very hungry watching it. I have a wedding that I am attending soon and I am intrigued to see if they serve cupcakes. Your blog is very pretty and well thought out; I really enjoyed reading all of your posts.

Unknown said...

This show is amazing! To see what people can create using cupcakes is unreal. Being on it on the other hand would be so much pressure! I don't think I have that much creativity but it would be a fun hobby to keep up. Your blog looks great and yummy!

Anonymous said...

I love cupcakes. Do love cupcakes so much that you would make them everyday? I wonder if there is Mint Chocolate Chip cupcakes? If there is I would defiantly have those. What is your favorite kind of cupcakes? Do you like making cupcakes/baking? I know I do!!!! I would like you to come visit my at http://sportsseasons10.blogspot.com/. It is all about sports and my games and how we did.

Unknown said...

Hannah #10
I would love if there was mint chocolate chip cupcakes! I think I had one when I went to Australia but I haven't seen one since :( My favorite kind is chocolate with chocolate frosting. I LOVE baking and I wish I could bake more often. I will checkout your blog. Thanks for the comment. What is your favorite type of cupcake?